Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My son's Rock Star themed 2nd Birthday!

My son's birthday was last weekend. I decided last year that I wanted a rockstar theme! My husband plays the drums and has been in rock bands since he was 15. Gianluca, my son, has his daddy's drumming skills! I made the invitations myself and asked everyone to come to Gianluca's Birthday Gig. I also mentioned to call Gianluca's manage to get on the VIP list. As you approached my house you noticed a red carpet and a rather tall man standing outside my door with a list. The tall man was my brother in law and he asked everyone for ID as they walked through the door and checked their name off the list. He enjoyed the role and was kidding around with everyone. I went simple with the food, since its only a kid's bday party. I had a Gourmet Hotdog and Burger bar with all the toppings. 

For the dessert, my favorite part, I made black and red star lolly pops with an edible silver dusting over them, I also made black and red chocolate cake pops! I made a styrofoam platter that I painted "YOU ROCK" on, so as the guests took a cake pop they slowly revealed the saying. My final project was a guitar shaped cake.  My mom made red velvet whoopie pies, rocky road chocolate and layered jello. My favorite part was the DELICIOUS vanilla cupcakes that we got from Live.Love.Cupcakes. Megan is a great friend of mine and we teamed up to make my son's cupcakes. She made Vanilla cupcakes with Vanilla butter cream in silver wrappers. I made the chocolate star for the top. 

Here are a few photos from the party. 

 Cake Pops and Lolly pops


Close up of the cake pops so you could see the silver dusting


Cupcakes from Live.Love.Cupcakes. with stars from Chocolate Covered World! 

No comments:

Post a Comment